Youth Leadership Director
*Previous director has moved into the Programs Director position to serve the growth we have experienced, and will oversee & help guide this new person/s.
The YOUTH LEADERSHIP DIRECTOR contributes to The Avalon Foundation’s mission of empowering kid-driven leadership through service to the rare disease community by providing MENTORSHIP & MANAGEMENT to the Foundation’s Youth Leadership Program for various projects and events.
- Mentor Youth Advisory Board in their endeavors
- Establish a yearly plan for goals and activities, working with Programs Director
- Collaborate & organize other mentors to engage with youth leaders
- Arrange physical/virtual meetings, at least one monthly
(typically on 3rd Sunday of month 3-5pm currently)
- Annual brunch, recruiting event, shopping trips, presentations, etc.
- Foster communication between adult Board of Directors and youth
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding meetings and progress/issues with youth leaders
- Communicate & Coordinate with Programs Director regarding KC4K progress, events, follow-up
- Participate in program development meetings with Education Chair, Programs Director, etc.
- Engage with Programs Coordinator to assist in coordination with shopping trips
- Middle school Outreach Program, etc.
- Positive, energetic presence and creative, flexible perspective
- Time and heart commitment
- Necessary skills to form successful collaborations with stakeholders and organizational partners
- Strong volunteer coordination and engagement skills
- Eager to work with young people in a non-traditional environment, and integrate the voices of youth into programs and leadership
- Exceptional organizational skills and plan follow-up/follow-through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong writing
- Computer efficiency including MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge and skill with social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Enjoy working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, supportive work environment
- Takes initiative and is resourceful
- Ability to work well autonomously as well as part of a dynamic team
- Successful experience designing, developing and coordinating youth programs (youth leader, coach, teacher, etc.)
- A track record of success in your work with young people to create change, both seeing the big picture, and managing the details.
- Available to renew contract for at least two years or more
- MS Office 365
- Adobe Suite
- Sign Up Genius
To learn more about us:
- Visit our website: KidsCaringForKids.org
- watch our video and check out our YouTube Channel
- explore our Case for Support
One of the best parts of being a stay-at-home-mom and being involved with TAF is the flexibility. Almost all of my time spent on TAF responsibilities was when I didn’t have mom-responsibilities. And, Deb is incredibly understanding! She told me from the beginning to be honest about my commitment level and workload. Sometimes, I didn’t meet deadlines… but I always kept her in the loop and we could then work something else out. I was able to make the HR Director role exactly what I wanted it to be, with direction and guidance from Deb.