As our Foundation grows and evolves, existing Board members are shifting responsibilities. Due to this shift, our current Board Secretary will be renewing a new term as HR Director.
The Board Secretary contributes to The Avalon Foundation’s mission of empowering kid-driven leadership by providing structure and organization to Board of Directors (BOD) Meetings.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and/or Team:
- Determine the recurring schedule for BOD meetings
- Create a BOD meeting agenda and oversee the distribution of background information for agenda items to be discussed.
- Distribute timely meeting invitations to all active and new Board members.
- Distribute, in advance of the scheduled BOD meeting, the prepared agenda to all Board members.
- Prepare the official minutes of the BOD meeting and records attendance, motions, discussions, votes, and decisions.
- Prepare and provide the previous BOD meeting’s written minutes (after approval) to Board members before the next meeting and record any changes or corrections.
- Assures that documents (bylaws, roster of board members) are updated regularly and accessible to Board members.
- Maintain aforementioned documents in an organized fashion.
- Extend organizational assistance when needed to other Board Members.
- A commitment to, and a clear understanding of, the mission of the organization.
- Strong, concise and detail-oriented written and verbal communication skills.
- An adequate level of writing proficiency and access to a computer for word processing purposes (preferably Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Positive, energetic presence and creative, flexible perspective
- Time availability/flexibility and heart commitment
- verbal and written communication
- Computer efficiency including MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Enjoy working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, supportive work environment
- Takes initiative and is resourceful
- Ability to work well autonomously as well as part of a dynamic team
The Board Secretary will have the ability to provide 5-10 hours of time per month to achieve the above listed responsibilities.
This is a two year term minimum.
About The Avalon Foundation:
- The Avalon Foundation is an organization that promotes and teaches youth leadership through offering support to kids receiving life-altering treatment for rare diseases.
- Mission: To empower kid-driven leadership that supports kids with rare disease
- Vision: To collectively cultivate compassion by caring for kids:
- Building Youth Leaders in the Toledo area
- Helping Families all over the United States
- Provide Support to the Rare Disease Community
To learn more about us:
- Visit our website: KidsCaringForKids.org
- watch our video and check out our YouTube Channel
- explore our Case for Support
One of the best parts of being a stay-at-home-mom and being involved with TAF is the flexibility. Almost all of my time spent on TAF responsibilities was when I didn’t have mom-responsibilities. And, Deb is incredibly understanding! She told me from the beginning to be honest about my commitment level and workload. Sometimes, I didn’t meet deadlines… but I always kept her in the loop and we could then work something else out. I was able to make the HR Director role exactly what I wanted it to be, with direction and guidance from Deb.