The Programs Coordinator contributes to The Avalon Foundation’s mission of empowering kid-driven leadership by providing PROJECT MANAGEMENT & ORGANIZATION to the Foundation for various projects and events.
Scope of Work
November 2, 2022-February 28, 2023
- Coordinate participants for Patient Support Program
- Coordinate participants for Youth Leadership Program
- Coordinate participants for events
Manage Projects – to be completed by February 28, 2023
- PainBox Program for patients
- Research vendor accounts needed for programs to streamline spending
- Donation procurement
- Wholesale purchasing
- Manual and document creation/coordination
- TAF Appreciation – December 9, 2022 6-7PM
- Rare Disease Day/Month – February 28/ February 2023
- Annual #KC4K Brunch – February 11, 2023
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about promoting The Avalon Foundation’s mission. The Vice Chair must meet the following qualifications:
- Commitment to TAF and its values, meeting the standards of conduct set forth in the Ethics and Conduct agreement.
- Have an understanding of the organization’s objectives, organization, services, and the responsibilities and relationships of working with donors, volunteers and partners.
- Interest, knowledge, and influence in the community with personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion to support the community.
- Assurance that he/she has the time and interest to be engaged and active
- Commits to communication in all forms in a timely manner
- Willingness to leverage personal and professional social capital to promote the TAF mission.
- Positive, energetic presence and creative, flexible perspective
- Time availability/flexibility and heart commitment
- Necessary skills to form successful collaborations with stakeholders and organizational partners
- Strong skills needed for team building and engagement, developing relationships, organization
- Computer efficiency including MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Enjoy working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, supportive work environment
- Takes initiative and is resourceful
- Ability to work well autonomously as well as part of a dynamic team
- Successful experience in leadership of a nonprofit
- An understanding and willingness of serving on a “working board”
Length of Appointment: Minimum three years
To learn more about us:
One of the best parts of being a stay-at-home-mom and being involved with TAF is the flexibility. Almost all of my time spent on TAF responsibilities was when I didn’t have mom-responsibilities. And, Deb is incredibly understanding! She told me from the beginning to be honest about my commitment level and workload. Sometimes, I didn’t meet deadlines… but I always kept her in the loop and we could then work something else out. I was able to make the HR Director role exactly what I wanted it to be, with direction and guidance from Deb.